Well, here we are again at the end of a crazy busy year. We can not even believe all that has happened; for many, this year can not end quickly enough. But there is no way the good people of Hillsboro, Oregon, will let the Holiday season slip by without lighting up the town! In the last few years, we have brought our readers pictures, videos, and maps of the best lights in the area. And we are at it again!
Thanks to some super local people who love to spread joy and light up the world, and the HILLSBORO, OREGON CHRISTMAS LIGHTS Facebook Group, you have a lot of selections! Here is a local guide to Christmas Lights, Holiday displays, and more: No Particular Order
TIP: You will find a link to a Google Map below that will take you out to more amazing spots than you can see this year!
1) YOU MUST SEE: Kent Hunt & Marla Smith’s Mega Christmas Display- It is an Experience really-
- See Their Video Above for a little taste:
- Read their Message to all: “2023 “It’s a Disney Christmas” Lights on- EVERY NIGHT- 5 pm to 9 pm, Sunday through Thursday, and 5pm to 10 pm Friday and Saturday. –NOTE– We have an Oregon Food Bank Box for non-perishable food donations located close to our front door. –Please consider those in need during this Holiday Season.– We are located close to the Hillsboro Airport… Off Hwy 26 go south on Brookwood Parkway, turn on right on Main, turn on 43rd, turn on Meadow Ln, to cross street 39th… or use your GPS to 3918 NE Meadow Ln. Hillsboro 97124. Lots of new features- Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Tinkerbell on the roof & lots more. There is a Disney Christmas backdrop for a photo opportunity, or the bench in front of Santa in the window, or our life-size Grinch Santa; bring your cameras. It can be seen as a drive-by or come up and see the “detail of Mickey and Friends Christmas” in the garage scene. The display is designed for young and old! The more you look, the more you will see… Enjoy, Stay Safe, & have a Happy Holiday Season! Kent & Marla”
- Bring some canned food or other non-perishables for the Oregon Food Bank- the charity this dynamic couple helps
2) Get Out to The Bowlby’s Place on Meek Road- 27910 NW Meek Road –
Just like their Halloween show, the Bowlbys have knocked it out of the Park! This photo is just a teaser of what you will find on the North Edge of Hillsboro at the Bowlby Farm. Pull up and walk along the front and see what they have done! Great job once again to members of the Pioneer Hillsboro Family! They are the descendants of the great Doctor Wilson Bowlby, who helped many people and saved many lives in the late 1800s!
3) The Barth Family Is At It Again! I am speechless- you will be too!
The Barth Family has a special toy drive they do for the Red Tricycle Brigade to honor a neighbor boy, Henry, who died in 2013. This is the 10th year for this event and their efforts! Their display has been jaw-dropping in the past! This year is NO EXCEPTION! Here is a message they left on the Facebook Page (see link below:
We are Lit!
Lights come on at 5pm and will run through December.
Hope to see you all come by.
This is a fantastic cause, folks. Help out is you can!
4) Alan Meeker – AKA Father Christmas in Hillsboro –
This long-time local started the Facebook Group HILLSBORO, OREGON CHRISTMAS LIGHTS a few years back, and never did he dream it would go over 5,000 followers. People say Facebook Sucks – but it only sucks if it is used for bad! This is one of the really great uses for it. Alan is to be greatly thanked for spreading cheer, uniting Christmas and Holiday Nuts like himself, and giving them a way to share with all of us! Get to the Page – Join The Fun Here!
Here is what Alan is up to this year! Follow this Link to find his display in NW Hillsboro
5) Jennifer DiGioia -604 NW TREE HAVEN DRIVE – WOW – The biggest Santa in the State?
You know it just might be! The theme here is blow-ups- BIG ONES- and Lights too! This is a super cool stop- here is what Jennifer posted to the facebook page we linked to below:
Lots of amazing yards this year but no one has a magical Santa larger than life !! So excited to share him with the world !! This is a labor of love, for sure!