This Friday, Dec. 3, downtown Hillsboro merchants and wine producers from throughout the region are partnering to host Wine Not?!: Sip and Shop Hillsboro. The fun and delicious event runs from 5:00 to 8:00 pm and will take place at ten businesses along E. Main Street and 2nd and 3rd Avenues in the city’s historic center. Enjoy the holiday lights and festive atmosphere as you explore what the stores have to offer. Additionally, while walking the route, sample the wineries’ wares and other beverages.
As a bonus, Wine Not?! will feature a raffle to win* a wine gift basket. How does it work? Select one of the participating merchants listed below as the starting point for your tour. There, you’ll pick up a Downtown Passport. Then, enjoy your ‘sip and shop’ journey, having your passport stamped at each business. Once fully completed, your passport may be dropped off at any listed participating merchant. The fully completed passport serves as your raffle entry.
On the route, you’ll find the following pairings:
- Puppernickel (133 SE 3rd Avenue) – Catman Cellars
- Nan’s on 3rd (125 SE 3rd Avenue)
- Le’ Stuff Antique Gallery (234 E. Main Street) – Résolu Cellars
- Catherine Bede Gallery (230 E. Main Street, Suite D)
- Artfull Garden (222 E. Main Street) – Helvetia Winery
- White Birch Design Co. (137 SE 2nd Avenue) – Shumaker Vineyards
- Rustic Renditions (211 E. Main Street) – non-alcoholic beverage treat
- Lucia Isabel Collection (229 E. Main Street) – Chris James Cellars
- Hill Theatre Antiques (135 NE 3rd Avenue)
- Collective Market/Collective Kitchen (173 NE 3rd Avenue) – Scotch Church Road Vineyard
Each wine producer will have a complimentary tasting and bottles for sale.**
* Only those age 21 and over are eligible to win the wine gift basket.
** Wine purveyors will check ID on anyone who appears to be under 26.