Welcome to Friends Of Gordon Faber Recreational Complex – Hillsboro, Oregon
HELP THE LAND USE APPEAL – MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH A DONATION TO GO FUND ME! READ MORE AND DONATE HERE:
Sign The Change.Org Petition To Protect Our Fields and Complex
Welcome to Our Group – People who love Baseball, Softball, Football, LaCrosse, Soccer, and all sports played at the Gordon Faber Recreation Complex In Hillsboro, Oregon. This is the Pacific NW’s best Regional. Recreational Sports Complex
HELP – Our Community Gathering Place And Jewell of a Sports Complex Is Under Threat
This Page Is dedicated to trying to Save the Complex. The Hillsboro City Council plans the new Hillsboro Hops Stadium and will forever destroy Fields 4,5 and 6. The Hillsboro Hops have a Stadium, and based on some Major League Baseball Rules, they may need to enlarge it. The remodel is supposedly too expensive, so the City Council unilaterally approved a new stadium without consulting the Hillsboro Parks Commission. Now the people of Hillsboro are on the hook for up to $40,000,000 or more to give the Hillsboro Hops a grant and we have to pay for all new fields for our kids and recreational leagues. This doesn’t seem right, folks. Oh, but hey, now the Hops will have a Rock Concert Stadium and can hold up to 40 Concerts a year- and on those Special days, the entire complex will be closed to all other users if attendance goes over 7.000 people.
People across the Community are for and against this project. It is going before the Hillsboro Planning and Zoning Hearings Board on August 16th, 2023, at Hillsboro City Hall. for a 2nd hearing. Because the City of Hillsboro is applying to itself, the City of Hillsboro, we know the approval is coming. ANYONE WHO PROVIDES TESTIMONY HAS A RIGHT TO APPEAL THE DECISION To the City Council. Here is how to get involved.
Get the latest press: NEW Stadium Approved by the Planning & Zoning Hearings Board– Hops Immediately Announce They Are $20 Million In the Hole and announce it after the prelim decision is made but before the appeal period is done.
Stadium Design Build Contract Expires In Hillsboro As Hops Lobby For $20,000,000 https://hillsboroherald.com/stadium-design-build-contract-expires-in-hillsboro-as-hops-lobby-for-20000000/
https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2023/09/13/hillsboro-hops-funding-shortfall-relocate-stadium.html Why the Hillsboro Hops need to raise $20 million in less than three weeks
Will Hillsboro Be Able To Keep Its Minor League Baseball Team? https://sportstalkflorida.com/mlb/will-hillsboro-be-able-to-keep-its-minor-league-baseball-team/
https://oregonbusinessreport.com/2023/09/hillsboro-baseball-team-needs-20m-to-survive/ HILLSBORO BASEBALL TEAM NEEDS $20M TO SURVIVE
Access The Staff Report And All The Information Right Here- The Information Is helpful for you to testify in writing, by Zoom, or in person. Send your testimony to:
- Ruth Kline – City of Hillsboro Planning Department- RE Testimony for Casefile CU-003-23 – Hillsboro Hops Stadium email: Ruth.Klein@hillsboro-oregon.gov
Read Dirk Knudsen’s in-depth Articles on the Hillsboro Hops Stadium and the mechanics of what is happening:
- April 18th: https://hillsboroherald.com/hillsboro-hops-controversy-puts-city-council-lack-of-public-input-in-cross-hairs/
- April 24th – https://hillsboroherald.com/citizen-weighs-in-on-the-councils-special-deal-for-the-hillsboro-hops/
- May 9th – https://hillsboroherald.com/hillsboro-heralds-questions-to-city-go-unanswered-as-hops-special-deal-moves-ahead/
- June 5th- https://hillsboroherald.com/city-calls-citizens-to-attend-hops-meetings-and-former-director-speaks-out-against-city-council-herald-announces-a-better-plan/
- June 6th – https://hillsboroherald.com/hillsboro-hops-whiff-at-neighborhood-meeting-as-questions-go-unanswered/
- June 24th – https://hillsboroherald.com/things-are-very-wrong-in-this-hillsboro-hops-debacle/
- July 3rd – https://hillsboroherald.com/hops-stadium-heads-for-approval-while-portland-baseball-project-looms/
- July 18th – https://hillsboroherald.com/hillsboro-hops-stadium-approval-on-tap-wednesday-night/
- August 8th – https://hillsboroherald.com/city-issues-report-for-loss-of-use-caused-by-proposed-new-hillsboro-hops-stadium/
- Read Dirk Knudsen’s Testimony to the PZHb, which breaks down all the codes and why this Stadium Deal is not in compliance with the City Of Hillsboro Municipal Codes:
- Additional Testimony
- Land Use Hearing – PZHB Testimony
- Read Jeff LeRiche’s Testimony about Income generated from local youth and adult baseball tournaments.
- 230719 Testimony LeRiche Rabe Caire
- Read The City Of Hillsboro’s recently published Loss of Use Report that outlines that it will take $20 to $30 Million to replace the lost fields once the Hops Stadium is built- and the people of Hillsboro will pay for that. Loss of Use Report FINAL
- Contribute to the Legal Defense Fund – email firstname.lastname@example.org to be contacted about helping to carry the fight past City Hall.
- Read About How the Eugene Emeralds Are trying to Fleece Lane County Residents Out of Even More Money for their new Stadium! https://eugeneweekly.com/2023/08/10/ems-stadium-is-not-a-home-run/